– 4 cups medium diced yellow onion (approximately 2-3 medium onions)
– 2 cups medium diced red peppers (approximately 2 peppers)
– 2 cups medium diced tomato (approximately 2 medium tomatoes)
– 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
– 1 can crushed tomato or tomato p
– 1 t ground cumin
– 1 t ground corriander
– ½ t smoked paprika
– Salt and black pepper to taste
– 4-6 Tablespoons canola (or vegetable) oil
– 4 eggs
– Chef’s knife
– Cutting board
– Measuring spoons
– Measuring cups
– Kitchen spoon
– Rubber spatula
– Large saute pan (or cast iron pan or Dutch oven)
1. Gently heat the saute pan over medium heat.
2. Add 4 Tablespoons of oil, onions, a pinch of salt, and cook (sweat) until the onions are translucent.
3. Once the onions are translucent and soft, add the peppers and garlic and cook until soft.
4. Add the cumin and corriander and toast for approximately 1 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook the tomatoes until they release their liquid.
6. Bring to the liquid to the boil, reduce to the simmer, and cook until the liquid reduces by half.
7. Add the chopped tomato and simmer until the color darkens and the liquid reduces by approximately 10%.
8. Add the smoked paprika and season to taste with salt and black pepper.